This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: To plan, coordinate, analyze and manage all activities related to the purchasing and receipt of assigned raw materials. The position interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Planning, Production, QA, Product Development, Accounting, Logistics and Senior Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use strategic thinking, deep analysis, and forward planning to maintain proper inventory levels that support sales, forecasts, and market trends for assigned items.
- Negotiate and coordinate raw material purchase orders, expedite/prioritize, and assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with regulations where necessary.
- Plan and manage raw materials associated with new product launches and phasing out of discontinued raw materials.
- Research new raw materials for R+D. Provide samples as needed and feedback on those samples with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Utilize available data and reporting tools to ensure departmental KPI’s are being met and identify areas of improvement.
- Proactively perform supplier management activities through the use of supplier score cards, preventative and corrective action, supplier visits, and risk assessments. Maintains and fosters positive supplier relationships.
- Interface with all departments to resolve problems and issues with purchased items, plan for future requirements, and maintain production.
- Maintain records and documentation pertaining to past activities, order specifications, supplier specifications and performance histories, etc.
- Perform continued market analysis to determine trends, risks, and opportunities to drive and improve existing strategies and/or assist in the development of new departmental strategies.
- Participate in continuous improvement personally and departmentally in accordance with corporate expectations.
- Comply with Safety Policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience Purchasing in a manufacturing environment or supply chain experience.
- Above average math, computer, and logic skills.
- Solid planning, leadership and administrative skills.
- Multitask in a very busy environment.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program