This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2024
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for administering all aspects of the payroll and timekeeping functions. This role ensures multi-state compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations. This position is responsible for streamlining and scaling payroll systems and processes, while establishing and monitoring strong internal controls. This individual will act as a business partner to the HR and Benefits, Legal, Accounting, Tax and Treasury teams to support the needs of the business.
Hours: 8a - 5pm in office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers processing of organization's payroll and collects payroll data to maintain accurate payroll records.
- Handles processing of employee status changes, analyzes payroll and employee expenses, assures general ledger accounts are reconciled; creates on-going month-end, quarterly, and year-end organization reports; and performs other rated duties as assigned.
- Audits payroll information for accuracy.
- Reconciles payroll deposits, tax withholdings, wage garnishments, and voluntary deductions.
- Participates in problem solving and special projects within the Payroll Department.
- Partners with HR leaders and teams to build a robust shared-services strategy, roadmap, and organization for delivering exceptional customer service and high-quality time & pay services.
- Teaches, leads, and coaches, Managers, Supervisors and HR team members on all aspects of payroll.
- Researches external best practices and continuously challenge the status quo by championing new, creative ideas.
- Documents issues, resolutions and timing for all employee inquiries.
- Provides other support to Finance management including maintaining files and performs additional projects and assignments in support of Finance as required.
- Attends and participate in associated staff meetings.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field and 3+ years of multi-state payroll administration and payroll tax expertise; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.