Maintenance Technician II
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This position is 2nd shift, hours are 6pm-4am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform planned PM's, maintenance inspections/repairs as required.
- Perform emergency repairs and adjustments while line is running in a timely and efficient manner.
- Modify/fabricate equipment to maintain and improve the production process.
- Maintain building facilities including waste water treatment, refrigeration systems, steam systems and building environment systems.
- Installation of new equipment to improve current production processes
- Maintain the facility and equipment to ensure maximum reliability.
- Maintain outside perimeter of facility during winter months to ensure walkways and paths are clear of snow and ice.
- Troubleshoot and maintain programmable Logic Controllers for all manufacturing equipment.
- Electrical knowledge in order to troubleshoot, repair and maintain various types of equipment.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
- Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
- Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
Education and/or Experience
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC circuits, motor control and control circuitry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Electrical licenses, WW treatment licenses, boiler certificates, mechanical certificates.
Blount Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, and disability, marital & veteran status