Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2023
Summary: The Production Supervisor will be responsible for achieving established corporate goals; including division profitability, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment performance and downtime within our dynamic, fast paced USDA, FDA food manufacturing facility.
Shift: 2nd Shift but will train on 1st Shift
- Provides continuous development, analysis and utilization of established. departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals.
- Ensures the implementation of SPC (Statistical Process Control) practices; Analyze, develop and report department KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Working closely with General Manager to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives; holding weekly meetings with key staff.
- Ensures continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Manages the continuous development and evaluation of the team; Acts as department ambassador for all Production related matters.
- Responsible for performing periodic reviews and development opportunities.
- Perform preventative maintenance on filling machines following preventative maintenance schedule, as well as Operating wastewater plant when operator is not available
- Oversees 15-40 staff members per shift, including machine operators, prep, sanitation, material handling, and packout staff.
- Ensure process team: 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations, as well as GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Understand implications of departmental “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of departmental error or inefficiencies.
- Responsible for any and all line “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- Accountable to ensure that all responsibilities of all key personnel are accomplished on a shift to shift and project to project basis.
- Provide continuous updates to General Manager on departmental status, departmental cost per lb; including waste, downtime, staffing, and overall processing efficiencies.