Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary The Food Safety Systems Manager/SQF Practitioner is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of Food Safety programs, procedures, and policies. This position will be involved in the assessment and compliance of existing and future facility policies to the SQF code and play a key role in the ongoing continuous improvement of the Food Safety and Quality Management System. The position will also take a management role in the FSQ online QMS (Safety Chain) and will ensure the system is effectively utilized at the facility level. Blount Fine Food facilities produce USDA and FDA products, which include RTE hot-filled soups, sauces, and sides. Facilities maintain several product lines with identity preserved status such as organic, Halal and Certified Gluten Free.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Supports FSQ Management to ensure the alignment of policies and procedures and their implementation across facilities.
· Lead the verification and validation of food safety and quality policies and procedures, including the design of studies, interpretation of data and finalizing of reporting.
· Manages the on-going review and assessment of FSQ programs and leads initiatives for cross-functional evaluation of FSQ programs to drive continuous improvement.
· Contributes to the writing and rewriting of FSQ policies and procedures.
· Manages and supports the delivery of the overall FSQ audit program, including oversight of the consistent execution of facility internal audit programs and their reporting.
· Supports Blount owned manufacturing sites with process deviation assessments
· Conducts periodic audits of Blount facilities to assess and assure compliance with Blount FSQ policy.
· May assist in supplier or co-man auditing
· Assesses long term trends in facility corrective action/preventive measures and root cause analyses across all locations to drive consistency and to highlight opportunities for improvement.
· Supports FSQ Management to ensure FDA and USDA regulatory compliance at facilities, and leads corrective actions as required.
· Leads and/or attends necessary meetings with senior management pertaining to food safety and product quality.
· Responsible for FSQ reporting and the roll up of facility KPIs to the level.
· Actively participates in customer/consumer complaint analysis and communicates trends to facilities and customers as needed.
· Supports FSQ Management with commercialization of new products to meet customer and consumer expectations; including but not limited to raw material and HACCP review.
· Supports FSQ Management with the assessment of FSQ risks for Change Management.
· Leads the development of training materials for building a positive food safety culture and implementing program change.
· As required, will lead, or assist with other external auditing needs.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and at least 5 years related work experience
· Ready To Eat / Not Ready To Eat Food experience important
· Experience working & managing quality in a USDA facility or environment strongly preferred
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
· Medical, dental and vision benefits
· 401k with Company match
· Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
· Education Assistance Program
· Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
· Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
· Discretionary Annual Bonus Program