Associate Packout Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2023
THIS POSITION IS 3rd SHIFT
Summary: Accountable for achieving established corporate departmental goals; including division profitability, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment performance and downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals.
- Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC(Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operation.
- Analysis, development and reporting to department OEE’s (Overall Equipment Effectiveness); KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators); and EFF’s (Equipment Efficiency).
- Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Be a teacher and Mentor
- Continuous development and evaluation of your team
- Utilize Learning & Development for all internal and external resources available
- Understand you reflect your staff
- Department ambassador for all Production related matters.
- Communicate effectively within the department by:
- Working closely with Vice President of Operations to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives.
- Holding as needed staff and individual meetings and development opportunities with mindset of “continuous growth”.
- Performing staff reviews as assigned or as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-4-year degree and 3-5 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required.
- This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations