Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
The VP of Customer Marketing is a facilitator of change; a people and process leader, with confidence to lead Blount through the process with a diverse group of stakeholders. This leader is responsible for the vision of evolutionary change. Reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer, the VP of Customer Marketing will work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the marketing organization. As VP of Customer Marketing, this position will play an important role in setting our marketing strategy in partnership with the VP of Brand marketing across channels, implementing processes and procedures that will improve our marketing team’s efficiency. In event of absence, this position will be filled by the CCO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds the Customer Marketing and Trade function at Blount
- Leads and influences people at all levels through process changes
- Leads customer lifecycle marketing efforts across our brands and product lines
- Leads annual marketing plan process
- Create personalized experiences and deliver them using real-time models and marketing solutions that match our offerings to customer needs and maximize both response and value
- Establish Customer Marketing objectives and ensure revenue goals are achieved in partnership with key stakeholders
- Create multiple step, multi year, strategy per customer, starting with larger and strategic customers
- Leads key customer marketing & trade plans, inclusive of price promotion, merchandising, assortment, and shopper marketing
- Approves trade plans and pricing for all customers
- Responsible for the Retail Customer P&L
- Develops customer specific pricing strategy
- Manages customer analyst team and syndicated data
- Oversees planning calendar and coordinates/leads meetings with sales
- Works with team to analyze the business at each retailer, develop insights, and make recommendations to address issues and opportunities
- Create critical insights for customers to inform plans, incorporate into sales presentations, and ultimately drive sales growth for retailers and Blount
- Leads development of persuasive, fact-based sales presentations
- Aligns all plans into a cohesive national plan
- Key input into branded sales projections
- Evaluates results and adjusts plan recommendations accordingly
- Synchronizes plan with the VP of Brand Marketing and the Panera CPG team
- 15+ years in Customer Marketing, including 5-7+ years as leader of the Customer Marketing function.
- Dynamic leader with a proven track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies to onboard, engage and expand customer relationships, grow customer lifetime value and increase revenue retention.
- Effective communicator who is comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences and stakeholders at various levels, particularly the Sales and Marketing teams
- Exceptional leader and team player with proven ability to lead through influence and work effectively both independently and collaboratively within fast-paced, diverse cross-functional teams
- Dynamic and adaptable project manager with a strong ability to establish processes and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals
- Experience and knowledge in using an ERP, Excel and other business and spreadsheet applications
- The ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas s/he is directly responsible for, but the enterprise as a whole
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful
- Understanding of processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to juggle various work activities and shift their attention from one task to another to meet the demands of different stakeholders without “dropping the ball”.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-oriented environment and have a “roll up your sleeves” and “today not tomorrow” mentality
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-Year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.