Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: Assists FSQ Management in the maintenance of overall product quality and safety. Assists in the effective completion of tasks and documentation of FSQ responsibilities. In event of absence position will be filled by the FSQ Technician II.
Shift: 2nd shift (1pm – 10:30pm), plus $1 shift differential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives leadership and daily direction from shift FSQ Sr.Technician & Supervisor.
- Notifies Tech Level 2 or higher when non-conformances are noted and assuring proper documentation noted
- Perform required finished product testing and the effective completion of documentation and data entry for all FSQ activities.
- Conduct Food Safety Inspections in the production environment (i.e. inter-batch cleaning)
- Conduct QPE and Packout quality auditing to ensure all batching and packaging specifications are maintained.
- GMP and SSOP daily inspections
- Conducting Weekly and Monthly tasks
- Perform second day testing, raw material inspections with data entry
- Organize finished product retains
- Informs the team of raw material issues
- If assigned to the raw material lab individual may be responsible for:
- Raw material testing and analysis
- Raw material hold management.
- Lab equipment calibration
- Nonconforming Raw Material investigation, NCR creation and submition.
- Prep-Inspection activities
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments as required
- Inspect finished product for food safety hazards including foreign material.
- Other duties with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities for Food Safety and Quality
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly.
- Must adhere to and enforce posted GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) when working within the production facility.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- Responsible for executing daily QPE auditing of the kettle and filler areas as well as Packout auditing of finished goods for code and label quality.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations