Assistant Plant Manager
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
As Assistant Plant Manager this position is responsible for helping review the day to day and overall plant operations of all departments at the facility. Oversees the ongoing development of Plant to encompass managers, supervisors, and staff in the operations departments. The Assistant Plant Manager works closely with the Plant Manager to set policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality and cost efficiency within plant operations.
- Directs plant level support functions of Prep, Production, Packout and Materials to ensure alignment with overall plant operations as well as supporting Safety, Maintenance and Shipping.
- Establishes systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals. Helps determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with Plant Manager, Department Heads and Managers as necessary.
- Works closely with the Plant Manager to determine staffing requirements and future business needs.
- Monitors staffing agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Partners closely with engineering department to determine future business needs for the facility in regards to equipment, structure and process.
- Helps development and deploy manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensures robust plant safety and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations.
- Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals. Including future needs and capabilities.
- Candidate will be part future succession plan to ultimately be responsible for performance management of all plant operations employees in Fall River site.
- Ability to own, lead and develop overall plant logistics, its staff, and its activities.
- Understand implications of departmental “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address and eliminate future downtime obstructions.
- Teach ownership and reactions to “downtime” to your staff
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies (as appl).
- Educate key staff in utilization of processing systems and data.
- Responsible for any and all divisional products being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of departmental error or inefficiencies.
- Responsible for any and all divisional “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- Accountable to ensure that all responsibilities of Direct Reports and key personnel are accomplished on a shift to shift and project to project basis.
- Continuously update Plant Manager on plant operations status. Specifically matters related to divisional cost per lb; including waste, downtime, staffing, and overall processing efficiencies. Explain steps being taken to improve and eliminate any areas deemed deficient.
- Associate Degree in Business or Operations Management or related field required. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in business management, with at least five in a manufacturing management position.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage a diverse manufacturing business
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to recruit and motivate team members
- Strong analytical, mathematical and administrative skills.
- Ability to manage workload through effective time management.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a collaborative work style with other departments
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program