Maintenance Tech Electrical
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2023
This is for second shift. Hours are 4pm-2am or negotiable
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: Mechanical/electrical/Control systems maintenance and reliability on production equipment and/or building. This position will be facility champion and responsible for programming automation and control systems involving PLC’s (programmable logic controllers). Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for programming, simulation and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose, perform all necessary operations to install, modify, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild various types of control systems, servo drives, motors, HMIs, & PLCs with special focus on advanced troubleshooting on complex high-speed filling and packaging lines.
- Must have 3-4 years of electrical experience, License not required, but preferred.
- Monitor line parameters and machine faults during the day to proactively maintain equipment.
- Maintains an up-to-date and complete set of as-built electrical and controls documentation.
- Perform planned preventive maintenance per established procedures and programs (CMMS). Responsible to document all downtime repairs and work time in downtime database or CMMS program.
- Perform work orders, unscheduled mechanical/electrical emergency repairs and adjustments in a timely and efficient manner while following established procedures and all food safety procedures.
- Asset strategy program for preventative and predictive maintenance procedures including Spare parts and lubrication.
- Assist in maintaining building facilities including wastewater plant, refrigeration systems, steam systems and building environment systems.
- Assist in installation of new processes, equipment or infrastructure upgrades that improve current processes.
- Modify/fabricate parts, as needed, to maintain equipment performance and safety.
- Performs all duties following all established LOTO and food safety procedures.
- Promotes a safe working environment for self as well as coworkers.
- Assists on plant capital projects as needed.
- Assists in evaluating manufacturing processes, suggest alternative improvements to equipment that improve and reduce repetitive downtime occurrences.
- Contributes to plant wide initiatives as assigned.
- Required to respond to off-hours problems and over-the-phone troubleshooting
- Complete all trainings and Certifications as required for the job and outlined by Plant Leadership team.
- Support Blount Fine Foods Values and mission. Maintain a positive working relationships across the departments in the plant and in the organization.
- Conduct required inspections and reporting.
- Evaluate and report equipment condition.
- Fine tune equipment and controls to optimize energy savings
- Provide documentation for compliance records
- Maintain housekeeping of maintenance shop and any areas performing maintenance repairs.
- Assist in managing outside contractors conducting service, repair and new contract work.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position with advanced technical skills in the mechanical / electrical fields in a manufacturing environment. High School/GED and technical school education preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Electrical licenses, WW treatment licenses, boiler certificates, mechanical certificates.