Training & Development Supervisor
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jun 5, 2023
Training & Development Manager Supervisor
Responsible for leading Learning & Development programs of Blount Fine Foods Manufacturing Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Create/Supervise Learning & Development programs which are based on Operational needs and business factors; to ensure successful implementation and consistent adherence.
- Works directly with Department Managers within manufacturing environment; developing and mentoring employees with a continuous improvement mentality. Develop training materials as needed.
- Staying on the cutting edge of industry processes and standards by conducting ongoing field study and research.
- Assists with the development, scheduling, organizing and execution of Operations L&D programs by internal and/or outside development resources. Work with local and state grant programs as needed.
- Facilitate/Lead all required training modules.
- Is a teacher, a mentor, and a positive influence in the development of Blount Operations staff.
- Researches, recommends, and assists in the coordination and evaluation of Operations development opportunities in the area of workshops, seminars, events and on-line courses for the staff.
- Provides an absolute floor presence. Continuously mentoring, educating, and developing staff, to assure greatest potential.
- Oversee Departmental Position Instructors (Trainers) positions to obtain established departmental goals and assure positional growth.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University
- 4 + years training related and/or leadership experience.
- This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have teacher and mentor mentality.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to be on their feet. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, cold and wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.