Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 2, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This is a second shift position, hours are 3pm-12am (with some flexibility in the first month for training).
Summary - While reporting to the EHS Manager, this position takes a lead role in the overall awareness, delivery and commitment to corporate Environmental, Health and Safety programs. In event of absence, position will be filled by equal level position, or appropriately trained Supervisor designee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Safety Technicians for applicable shift(s)at the Fall River facility.
- Performs a variety of administrative, technical, and professional work, in analyzing, administering, and sustaining departmental led programs.
- Responsible for departmental record keeping, including all OSHA filings. Maintains Safety records and tabulates and presents relevant performance data internally, and as required externally (OSHA…).
- Improve workplace safety by recognizing, evaluating and controlling potentially hazardous conditions.
- Lead in the corporate education of Safety to all personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA, State and Local codes.
- Conduct Safety and Environmental training, audits and surveys as needed.
- Lead accident investigations; including the review of all accident and incident data. Direct the implementation and communication of appropriate findings and actions.
- Review, revise and help create corporate safety programs.
- Conduct program assessments to identify departmental deficiencies.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or Five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years OSHA or Safety experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make connections and articulate ideas
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.