Production Line Mechanic
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2023
Shift: 1st Shift
Summary: Responsible for the continuous and “trouble free” running of the Retail Pack out lines, and all accompanying equipment. In event of absence, position will be filled by adequately trained personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Daily maintenance of all Pack Out line equipment
- Repair of any breakdowns during normal production.
- Proactive line adjustments, to prevent lost processing time.
- Continuous equipment Preventative Maintenance, in order to eliminate or minimize future processing “down time”
- Ability to learn all aspects of processing line equipment, with the ability to teach others key primary adjustments.
- Ability to identify product variation to set up machinery in a timely manner.
- Proactive approach to mitigate process lost time between production runs.
- Understand implications of “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Takes proactive steps to reduce downtime by identifying trends.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Develop pro-active approach to address potential future downtime obstructions.
- Responsible for any processing line, equipment based, “Down Time”.
- “your equipment, your Down Time”.
- Effective and continuous communication with supervisor to discuss any resolve any hindrances to processing line time. Makes suggestions to supervisor on how to improve throughput.
- Cross trains on a variety of equipment on the Pack Out lines.
- Work in a team environment and assist Production Line Mechanics on other aspects of the line as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Team player
- Assist in training lower grade PLMs
- Ability to assist or to do change over of CPO equipment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to cold working conditions, and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability