Forklift Materials Handler
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: Perform all duties associated with shipping and receiving of product, and inventory management. Use of manufacturing database (Stand on Electric Pallet Jack Experience Required).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be trained and pass licensing for Warehouse Material Handling Equipment. Must operate all equipment safely, following OSHA mandated guidelines and report any accidents.
- Performs Warehouse Material Handling Equipment pre-operational check and fills out check sheets.
- Responsible for dock, freezer, grounds and parking lot cleanliness.
- Responsible to insure that all trucks are chocked prior to loading or unloading.
- Unload and check in products, verifying counts and lot numbers upon receipt (notes any errors and corrects BOL).
- Receiving of incoming product, checking and logging counts, lot numbers and locations.
- Move products as needed to pick locations, checking and logging counts, lot numbers and locations.
- Accurately pick orders, checking, logging, count, lot numbers, and locations.
- All paperwork (Forklift log sheet, Put-A-Ways, Moves, Pick Tickets, etc) to be neat and orderly.
- Responsible for safely changing and maintaining batteries.
- Able to work Overtime as required with minimal notice.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 1 year of previous warehousing experience and ability to operate warehouse equipment including but not limited to motorized electric stand-on pallet jacks as well as stand up electric reach high lift
- Ability to comprehend basic computer skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, as well as strong basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal Supervision
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program