Protein Commodity Manager
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 11, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary – This position will create, execute, and monitor strategies related to the assigned commodity categories with an emphasis on total cost of ownership, risk management, and supply security.
Essential Duties :
- Manage the Protein category from all Procurement aspects including but not limited to RFP’s, contracting & negotiating, total cost of ownership, managing the supply base, ensuring consistent and reliable supply to support production, and building partnerships.
- Manage commodity strategies, budgeting, and cost planning for assigned categories.
- Act as the Procurement expert in dealing with Senior Management, internal stakeholders, and suppliers as it relates to all proteins; beef, poultry and seafood.
- Develop and maintain a highly effective collaborative working relationships with leadership and cross functional partners as it relates to strategy development for innovation, productivity, quality, service, and continuous improvement of the protein categories.
- Ensure a deep understanding of and the ability to communicate market strategies and trends, and global economic factors as they relate to assigned categories and impacts on Blount.
- Develop and execute strategies related to the assigned categories with strong emphasis on building partnerships with key suppliers, risk management from a commodity standpoint, building a secure supply pipeline.
- Maintain protein commodity data and corporate reporting tools for assigned categories to aid in decision making.
- Develop tools to monitor, track, and report savings on assigned categories as well as develop other key performance indicators critical to the protein categories.
- Follow and participate in the improvement of established programs, policies, and practices to produce/source safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of the Blount Procurement model utilizing best in class practices around strategic thinking, operational excellence, technology, results, and self-growth.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 or more years’ experience of Procurement in proteins in food manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in economics, supply chain, engineering, or business with relevant emphasis).
- Knowledge of commodity markets and supply chain related to beef, poultry and seafood.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program