Quality Assurance Supervisor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: May 8, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Shift: 3rd Shift
Summary: Directly supervise employees in a fast-paced food production environment assuring conformance to Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense, and all Corporate Policies. This position is or may be the facility SQF Practitioner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate the Quality Assurance Team to achieve daily goals
- Assist in designing, implementation and enforcement of product quality and food safety control points
- Collect, log and report trends on information gathered
- Maintain, create, and communicate quality reporting data
- Communicate quickly and effectively with all levels of production management
- Know and understand all policies and standard operating procedures throughout the facility to audit, inspect and ensure compliance
- Conduct inspections to assure compliance with applicable procedures as directed by Quality Assurance management
- Administer and/or attend necessary meetings pertaining to food safety and product quality, including HACCP team meetings.
- Manage product hold program, including making decisions regarding product disposition.
- Serve as a liaison with regulatory officials
- Manage all daily responsibilities of the QA staff over assigned shift.
- Train all related plant employees in their essential duties, as well as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Train production personnel on policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigation into root cause of customer complaints and takes measures to prevent recurrence.
- Facilitate root cause analysis with other departments.
- Directly supervise 1-6 employees in the Quality Assurance Department
- Interview, hire, and train employees
- Plan, assign and direct work within the department
- Conduct performance reviews
- Coach department employees to include positive feedback and initiate personal improvement plans as needed.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (A.S.) from a two-year college or university.
- 3 years supervisor/manager experience.
- 5 years Manufacturing experience, preferably in food safety.
- HACCP Certification: SQF Practitioner Certification or BRC Certification preferred.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits 401k with Company match. Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays Education Assistance Program Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.