Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 3, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: Assists FSQ Management in the maintenance of overall product quality and safety. Assists in the effective completion of tasks and documentation of FSQ responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives leadership and daily direction from shift FSQ Sr. Technician & Supervisor.
- Routinely observes production activities to assure consistency and conformance to standards, as well as providing improvement suggestions.
- Assists in the effective completion and documentation of daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled tasks as required.
- Notifies FSQ Sr. Tech or Tech Level 3 when non-conformances are noted, assists with scheduling product evaluations, and assuring proper documentation.
- Assists Quality Management with verification and validation by collecting the required data.
- Perform required finished product testing and the effective completion of documentation and data entry.
- Maintain the condition of the FSQ supplies required for daily operation.
- Organize finished product retains
- Conduct Food Safety Inspections in the production environment (i.e. inter-batch cleaning)
- Conducting Daily, Weekly and Monthly tasks
- Execute visual chemistry tests on raw materials, water sources, in-process samples, environmental samples and finished products
- May be responsible for performing QPE and Packout auditing for batch adherence and label and code quality.
- Tracking, verification and data entry of raw material specification and COAs.
- Informs the team of raw material issues
- Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments as required
- Ensure compliance of incoming labels and packaging
- May complete FSQ related production records to assure conformance to requirements.
- Inspect finished product for food safety hazards including foreign material.
- Filing QA documentation as requested.
- Other duties with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Food handling experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Customer service experience welcomed
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations