Human Resource Generalist-Bilingual
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary The primary role of this position is to work with personnel at all levels, providing qualified candidates, a work environment, culture and atmosphere conducive to team through a variety of methods. Responsibilities include planning and carrying out all phases of human resources management by performing the following duties personally or in conjunction with peers or managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track and update employee information utilizing HRIS system.
- Coordinates management of Personnel Record keeping to include record of insurance coverage (health, disability and life), profit sharing plan, 401K plan, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Manage unemployment issues.
- Evaluates human relations and work-related problems by partnering with Human Resource Manager, supervisors and managers to determine effective remediation techniques, such as job skill training, personal intervention, or terminations to resolve human relations issues among personnel.
- Coordinate onboarding activities.
- Track and coordinate all new hire in-processing procedures: paperwork, drug testing,
background investigations, payroll-related items.
- Maintain and track new hire records to include preparation of new personnel files.
- Audit/Maintain employee files/records (approved driver list, I-9 verification books, etc.)
- Manages Workers Compensation Reporting, Coordinates Light Duty/Return to work program with Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
- Participate in employee benefit events, council employees as needed to select proper benefit programs, 401K issues, and health checks.
- Modifies, executes and enforces company policies, handbook, Dress codes, Employee of Quarter, Vacation, etc.
- Filing forms needed by state and federal agencies, Ex. census, OSHA, Workers Compensation, 401K and pension, medical insurance, etc. by their due dates.
- Work in conjunction with Training & Development Department and EHS Manager to manage required training.
- Attend and participate in associated staff meetings.
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- 1-2 Year’s Human Resources experience.
- Working knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program