Electrical and Controls Maintenance Technician
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2023
Summary Perform electrical duties to the facility and manufacturing area equipment as requested by the maintenance supervisor, or as deemed necessary. This is a hands-on industrial maintenance position that will provide technical support to our maintenance and operational teams
This position is for 2nd shift: (2pm-11:30pm)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Perform all duties associated with being a plant electrician while supporting and assisting in all plant maintenance operations as required
- Perform preventative maintenance and upgrades to wiring, conduit, and control systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all types of machinery whether mechanical or electrical
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC circuits, motor control and control circuitry
- Troubleshoot and repair 480/208 voltage power distribution systems
- Troubleshoot electrical lighting systems, and AC variable speed drives
- Read and understand electrical drawings
- Familiar with Arc Flash regulations, LOTO
- Perform preventative maintenance work and enter required data into CMMS software
- Complete maintenance work orders as required
- High school Diploma or equivalent required. College degree in a related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an industrial maintenance field to include electrical, instrumentation, or controls.
- Experience with CMMS. (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Experience with PLC controls. Must be able to connect to Allen Bradley programable logic controllers with a lap top computer for troubleshooting, repair, and program modification.
- Electrical trouble shooting.
- Troubleshooting motor controls.
- Programming and replacing motor drives to include VFDs and servos.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Food Processing experience preferred.
- Cleanliness and organizational skills are a must.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program