FSQA Supplier Quality Internship
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 22, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Internship Program Summary
Blount’s Internship Program aims to grow students from our community in a way that is mutually beneficial by providing experiential learning opportunities and connecting concepts learned in the classroom to real-world applications in order to contribute to the professional readiness of tomorrow’s workforce. Interns can expect timely feedback, accessible supervisors, bi-weekly meetings with the internship program lead, assistance with career readiness, and networking opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Support Team initiatives with supplier approvals and supplier non-conformance reports
- Document review
- Offer technical support on ingredient risk assessments
- Work cross functional with QA teams, procurement, and purchasing
Job Requirements – Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate in Food Science, Nutrition, or Biology
- Strong computer and excel skills
- Well organized
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Ability to work and problem solve.
- Maintain a positive attitude to continued learning and support of the overall business.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly, where applicable.
- Must adhere to posted GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) when working within the production facility.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities, and individuals, where applicable.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree (B.A.) candidate from College or University or related experience; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Level II: the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally in English as it pertains to individual position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software, competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, pre-employment and annual screening of Motor Vehicle Record and personal automobile insurance coverage in accordance with the Blount Fine Foods Employee Handbook.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.