Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
SUMMARY This hands-on position reports to the Maintenance Manager; directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, upgrades, maintenance, and installation of machines, special projects, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings and grounds, by performing the following duties personally, or through subordinates. In event of absence, position will be filled by Maintenance Tech 3.
Shift: 1st Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Provides a daily early morning review of work activities/personnel status and PM results to the Maintenance Manager with updates for substantial issues (any event that might affect production, or product quality) throughout the day.
- Reviews manufacturer’s service manuals, Blount Fine Foods equipment usage schedules, and records of maintenance problems to determine the optimum frequency of preventative maintenance.
- Designs and implements SOP’s associated with PM’s, LOTO, and machine operating instructions.
- Regularly checks production schedules and confers with other departments, managers and staff to determine when planned maintenance least interferes with operations.
- Maintain records of planned and completed maintenance and assists in tracking and completing records for environmental and OSHA requirements.
- Reviews work requests to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Must develop a thorough knowledge of the controls and procedures to operate and insure permit regulations for waste water treatment plant.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Order and ensure an optimal level of spare parts and equipment are kept in stock to minimize unscheduled operations downtime, while minimizing cost of inventory.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of equipment and materials.
- Assist in maintenance matters for other BFF locations.
- Coordinates the maintenance program in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Blount Fine Foods.
- Studies maintenance schedules and estimates labor requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Confers with management, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Works to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA and other federal, state and local regulations including Lock-out/Tag-out, confined space and personal protection regulations.
- Arrange yearly boiler inspection & repairs from Hartford Insurance to secure boiler licenses.
- Administrative Duties
- Oversees all administrative duties in a timely manner, i.e. process purchase orders accurately, assign proper GL numbers, review invoices and approve, etc.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of budget line items for related departmental expenses.
- Estimate and track costs of personnel, parts, and supplies to be used during scheduled maintenance. Reviews and seeks out competitive bids on all substantial purchases.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, daily, monthly, and yearly maintenance records.
- Responsible for approval of all overtime.
- Ensure facility is in audit ready condition at all times.
- Provide career development guidance to direct reports, identifies training requirements and develops on the job related qualifications.
- Executes and documents training program.
- Works as member of the Engineering Department to assist in design for innovative equipment upgrades and coordinate plans for installation of new equipment, machinery, or buildings.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
- Participates in meetings with other departments, when required, to assist in the planning and make recommendations on matters related to sanitation, scheduling, manufacturing safety and maintenance operations.
- Schedules and is a primary leader in organizing monthly departmental meeting with emphasis on safety, employee feed back, and providing them with updates. A written summary of that meeting should be given to the Maintenance Manager in a timely manner.
- Adheres to all FDA, OSHA, USDA and HACCP policies and requirements.
- Inspects premises for unsafe, unsanitary practices and conditions and corrects or contacts the proper personnel to correct. Participates in a GO program due by the beginning of the fiscal year approved by the department manager. Works in conjunction with Safety Officer and Director of Quality Assurance to assure timely compliance to audits.
- Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
- Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
- Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- Directly supervises employees in Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Prepare input to the annual budget for submission to the manager for area of responsibility.
- Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
- Researches vendors to ensure quality and costs are maintained within set budget.
- Monitors machine downtime to ensure highest yields are maintained.
- Performs evaluations of maintenance technicians to ensure that all personnel are trained to the highest standards. Recommends training and/or schooling for technical personnel.
- Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Maintains employee time cards and attendance records.