Clam Shack and Market Front of the House Staff
Location: Warren, RI, United States
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2023
The Blount Clam Shack & Market continues to grow! We are looking for energetic, reliable and hard-working individuals interested in working for a company rooted in Blount’s rich history of soup and seafood. Our team shares in our commitment to consistent quality and exceeding customer service expectations. Join the fun. Join our family!
Responsible for the customer experience from the time that they walk on to the premises until the time that they exit. This job entails greeting, serving, cashing out, and menu knowledge. Front of the house staff are expected to maintain high standards of food, service, and guest experience. All employees working out front are required to multitask and work efficiently. There are certain days they may be assigned to cashiering and expediting food, and days they will be making sandwiches and pouring soups, etc
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guest Service and Care
- Continuously strive for 100% guest satisfaction, guaranteeing that all guests leave happy.
- Attend to all guests. Make guests feel welcome and give responsive and courteous service.
- Be easily accessible to managers, guests, and other staff at all times when on duty to enhance both the dining experience and the work environment.
- Respond to guest inquires, concerns, or complaints, and take any and all appropriate actions set forth by Blount and managerial staff to turn dissatisfied guests into returning customers.
- Fill in where needed on “the line” to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are maintained through times of high traffic and demand.
- Menu and allergen or ingredient knowledge must be concrete for guests’ confidence in our ability to serve them.
- Operational and Financial
- Knowledge of POS systems – taking orders, accepting cash, charging cards, splitting checks, etc. Mathematical capabilities applied during processes.
- Fully understand processes of discounts – who is eligible, what discount is appropriate, etc. Monitoring coupons as they are rung in for proper expiration dates, etc.
- Willingness to upsell products and aim for higher check average to increase sales.
- Understand food cost of menu items, knowing which items to suggest.
- Understand & comply with all food safety and health regulations.
- Food and Beverage Planning, Health, and Safety
- Responsible for ensuring consistent and high-quality food and presentation. Check soup temperatures before serving. Only bring guests food that is above satisfactory.
- Practice sanitary processes for food handling, personal hygiene, general cleanliness.
- Monitor the timely ordering and delivery of food from the time it is logged into the POS to the time it is received by the customer.
- Monitor soups that are being heated in the BOH.
- Understand that soup should not be reheated more than twice.
- Proper cooling of hot soups so they may be used the following day.
- Do not allow for heated soups to become unorganized.
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Knowledge of other locations – their hours, locations, descriptions, or events.
- Generally aware of upcoming events and expressing to customers.
- Knowledge of Blount’s production facility.
- Upkeep Blount’s reputation in the community. Carry oneself as an exemplary employee while on and off the clock.
- Other Related Duties as Assigned
- Attend all staff meetings as requested.
- Answer phone calls with proper phone etiquette.
- General organization.
- Flexible availability and scheduling.
- Honesty and respect with money and product handling.
Education, Training, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Practical experience: Experience working with restaurant point-of-service (POS) systems (i.e. Micros, Posi-touch, etc.).
- Experience with customer service in the restaurant industry, retail industry, or another related field.
- Education: High School Diploma or working towards a Diploma.
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics
· Ability to apply common sense and understanding to follow through with written and oral instructions given by supervisor or managerial staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional consciousness of non-verbal language.
- High level of active listening skills and strong guest service skills, which includes the ability to resolve guest issues or complaints with tact and diplomacy under the guidelines set forth by Blount standards and procedures.
- Excellent with multi-tasking, organizational, and time-management skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and quick response time to ensure guests are satisfied.
- Adapt quickly to change to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the day-to-day business.
- Professional and courteous demeanor with customers as well as other staff.
- Positive attitude towards working as a team.
- Aptitude for accurate mathematical calculations as it relates to following recipes and working with tickets.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of Blount to other employees, guests, and vendors.
- Fluent in English language – speaking, reading, and understanding.