Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2024
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: The Marketing Coordinator - Trade is a critical part of the Blount Customer & Trade Marketing Department focused on the front line of retailer trade marketing processing and tracking. This role will open the opportunity to join a growing and newly focused department at Blount and be an intro into the food marketing business and process of promotion at the grocery store level. Responsible for creating contracts, maintenance and administration of trade programs this role is detail focused and willing to learn. This includes processing and reviewing information for promotional allowances, chargebacks, bill-backs, rebates, scan data, deviated pricing and food-show payments across Blount’s brands at a detailed item level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in implementing trade management process and system:
- Utilizes the trade system including current manual process and future systems requiring customer contract info to be entered predicated on each type of contract whether its direct or non-direct customer.
- Creates and captures program details that can be in turn translated and entered into current and future trade system by obtaining and entering data by UPC level.
Assists in coordinating Trade Spending, Processing and Reporting function:
- Leads a group of assigned key customers accounts through Blount’s trade process
- Daily downloading of information, PDF’s, invoices, deduction back-up, check requests, requests for new contracts or updates from the sales programs & billbacks mailboxes.
- Processes payment requests, contract renewals, updated forms as well as filing vendor agreements within each customer.
- Codes and clears invoices and deductions to appropriate business units to match back-up documents and agreed to promotional programs and contracts.
- Utilizes specific customer web-based portals to obtain back-up documentation by downloading when researching deductions based on a PO#, Invoice #, Invoice date to obtain back-up.
- Verifies all contracts are dated and signed. Reach out to customers and or sales reps to obtain signed copies.
- Requests as needed back-up documentation for payments taken or requested by customers such as check requests or deductions for any authorized payment according to the terms on the contract.
- Processes claims for validation against approved contracts and institutes claim approval and payment or re-payment if needed.
- Ad-hoc reporting for the field sales team and brokers on all spending and payment requests.
- Ability to handle multiple financial and analytical projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn and utilize reporting from Trade TPM system and align with internal and external teams on reporting needs.
- Works daily with our Blount Sales Team, Marketing Team, brokers and accounting department on issues related to missed payments, amendments to contracts, customer deductions and miscellaneous questions regarding trade spend.
- Creates and updates Trade reports by customer and or specific program. These can be sent to the field upon request.
- Other duties may also be assigned within the similar skill set.
Education and/or Experience:
- Recent college graduate with business, marketing, accounting or financial degree/ interests or
- 3+ years of Sales & Trade Marketing with a CPG manufacturing firm or
- 3+ years of Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable experience
- Must have excellent attention to details skills and be a pro-active team player.
- Work experience in a manufacturing or distribution business environment preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word) experience necessary.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program