Location: Warren, RI, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2024
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
THIS IS A SECOND SHIFT POSITION.
Summary Directly supervise employees in a fast paced environment assuring conformance to Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense, Quality Processing and all Corporate Policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate the Food Safety & Quality Team in order to achieve daily goals
- Assist in designing, implementation and enforcement of product quality and food safety control points
- Collect, log and report trends on information gathered
- Maintain, create and communicate quality reporting data
- Communicate quickly and effectively with all levels of production management
- Know and understand all policies and standard operating procedures throughout the facility to audit, inspect and ensure compliance
- Conduct and inspect or audit Blount facilities to assure compliance with applicable procedures as directed by Quality Assurance management
- Administer and/or attend necessary meetings pertaining to food safety and product quality, including HACCP team meetings.
- Manage product hold program, including making decisions regarding questionable product.
- Serve as the primary liaison with regulatory officials
- Manage all daily responsibilities of the FSQ staff on shift, assuring that there are no lapses in coverage.
- Train all related FSQ employees in their essential duties, as well as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Conduct investigation into root cause of customer complaints, and takes measures to prevent recurrence
- Other duties with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly, where applicable.
- Must adhere to posted GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) when working within the production facility.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals, where applicable.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- Oversees the execution of validation and verification activities for food safety programs.
- Responsible for oversight of all QPE and Packout Quality Process auditing and reporting on assigned shift.
Responsibilities for Quality
- Responsible for ensuring completion of all QPE and Packout auditing by FSQ techs.
- Responsible for reporting, investigating, and putting on hold all out of spec product that deviates from Quality parameters.
- Responsible for reporting and making batch adjustments as needed with SDC techs on out of spec product.
- Oversees and investigates Quality complaints, complaints trends and corrective actions.
- Directly supervise 1-10 employees in the FSQ Department
- Interview, hire, and train employees
- Plan, assign and direct work within the department
- Conduct performance reviews and reward and discipline employees as needed
- Address complaints and resolve problems
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree (A.S.) from two-year college or university.
- One to two years Quality Assurance or Food Safety experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years supervisor or manager of people experience.
- Working knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program