Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2024
Summary: Perform mechanical/electrical maintenance on production equipment and/or building as requested by the maintenance supervisor. In event of absence, position will be filled by equal level position, Supervisor or appropriately trained Supervisor designee.
Shift: 2nd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Perform planned preventive maintenance per established procedures and preventive maintenance program (CMMS). Perform maintenance inspections/repairs as required.
- Perform work orders, unscheduled mechanical/electrical emergency repairs and adjustments in a timely and efficient manner while following established procedures and all food safety procedures.
- Responsible to document all downtime repairs and work time in downtime database or CMMS program.
- Maintain equipment as required by the preventive Maintenance Program (CMMS).
- Modify/fabricate parts to maintain equipment performance and safety.
- Monitor line parameters and machine faults during the day to proactively maintain equipment.
- Assist in maintaining building facilities including waste water plant, refrigeration systems, steam systems and building environment systems.
- Assist in installation of new processes, equipment or infrastructure upgrades that improve current processes.
- Performs all duties following all established LOTO and food safety procedures.
- Promotes a safe working environment for self as well as coworkers.
- Assists in training and development of machine operators and maintenance technicians for equipment and process controls operation.
- Assists on plant capital projects as needed.
- Assist in evaluating manufacturing processes, suggest alternative improvements to equipment that improve and reduce repetitive downtime occurrences.
- Contributes to plant wide initiatives as assigned.
- Conduct required inspections and reporting.
- Evaluate and report equipment condition.
- Fine tune equipment and controls to optimize energy savings
- Provide documentation for compliance records
- Maintain housekeeping of maintenance shop and any areas performing maintenance repairs.
- Assist in managing outside contractors conducting service, repair and new contract work.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.