Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2023
Summary -the IT Operations Specialist installs, configures, and troubleshoots desktop PCs, laptops, thin clients, and related software and peripherals; possesses a basic working knowledge of computer networking and network troubleshooting; ensures all PC hardware, software and network connectivity/access problems are resolved in a timely manner by prioritizing support tickets; including in-person, remote or phone support. In event of absence, this position will be filled by the Manager of IT Infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
• Participates in all assignments from the User Services Team
• Installs, configures, upgrades and maintains end user computer systems and user access rights per
• Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
• Supports hardware and software components as required and has the ability to troubleshoot these; such as PCs, printers, copiers, switches and servers, and phones.
• Installs, configures, upgrades and maintains end user computer and phone systems .
• Provides support and training for standard company software
• Possesses technical knowledge and is capable of administering the standard network operating
• Interfaces with IT management and other IT personnel for overall equipment standardization and hardware requirements
• Performs and insures backups of all network servers and critical user data
• Maintains monthly systems and malware updates.
• Manage IT documentation for the site IT systems
• Work closely with the site to identify IT needs.
• Participates in on call rotation for all facilities
• Level 1-2 support management (Incidents resolution and laptop setup, production support)
• Active directory administration
• Asset management (hardware, software, service agreements)
• Assist with managing local and group projects
• Assist with research and evaluate new technologies
• Facilitate and challenge local partners on delivery and quality.
• Provide support for new releases and deployments
• Perform incident analysis and take actions
Responsibilities for Food Safety Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly, where applicable.
▪ Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
▪ Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food and Employee Safety policies.
▪ Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
▪ Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
▪ If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control
Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
Education and/or Experience
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education and experience.
▪ Three or more years’ experience functioning as a hands-on technical resource in virtualized multi-site MS Windows LAN/WAN.
▪ MCP/VCP certifications preferred.
▪ Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
▪ Prior experience working for a small/medium sized company, comfortable with wearing many technology hats and responding to shifting priorities.