FSQ Associate Manager
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This opportunity is 3rd shift opportunity. Start time is 11pm
The Food Safety & Quality [FSQ] Associate Manager will be a leader and a strong champion of Blount’s culture of food safety and quality and will be responsible for the design and achievement of its goals with respect to food safety and quality at their facility. The FSQ Manager will also ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements of the FDA, USDA and any other food production/safety governing agencies with jurisdiction in the U.S. This position will also audit the company’s quality process to assure quality control is effective.
- Helps manage the facility SQF program and serves as backup Practitioner. Supports a cross function SQF team ensuring compliance to standards and that the facility is audit ready all the time.
- Conducts periodic audits of Blount facilities to assure compliance with applicable procedures.
- Administers and/or attends necessary meetings pertaining to food safety and HACCP meetings.
- Manage food safety and quality complaint analysis and communicates actions to customers as needed.
- Manages food safety and quality product hold program, including making decisions regarding questionable product.
- HACCP Program maintenance; including implementation of new HACCP plans for new product lines.
- Serves as a liaison with regulatory officials.
- Manages all daily responsibilities of the FSQ staff, assuring that there are no lapses in coverage.
- Trains all FSQ employees in their essential duties, as well as keeping them informed of any changes to the system.
- Conducts investigation into root cause of customer complaints and takes measures to prevent recurrence.
- Responsible maintaining and developing food safety metrics and their continuous improvement.
- Generate and maintain reports related to FSQ.
- Manage /generate key performance indicators for food safety and quality.
- Assures food safety prerequisite programs are effective
- Other duties with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities for Food Safety and Quality:
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly, where applicable.
- Must adhere to posted GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) when working within the production facility.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals, where applicable.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- Oversees the execution of validation and verification activities for food safety programs.
- Monitor and enforce quality control points using control charts and culinary ability.
- Monitor and carry-out various batch control tests and product sampling to ensure process is in control.
- Quality systems development and management.
- Specification development, approval and review with R&D or Culinary Assurance.
- Sensory evaluation of key ingredients and attributes.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) analysis of key analytical data.
- Continuous improvement projects both individually and as a member of a team.
- Log data and report trends using information gathered.
- Communicate any continuous improvement opportunities to Process Engineering.
- Directly supervises multiple employees in the FSQ Dept. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 year’s leading a team of direct reports
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program