Assist Blending Operator
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Assist in the efficient and accurate production of variety of products. In event of absence, position will be filled by adequately trained personnel.
Shift: 3rd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Work closely with the Blender Operator(s) in the efficient and accurate processing of recipes.
- Assist with lifting in variety of areas/lines.
- Assist with accurate and efficient processing, while minimizing/eliminating the possibility of foreign material introduction into any products
- Communicate effectively within department to ensure most efficient and productive processing possible.
- Ability to learn how to operate and adjust multiple in-line pieces of processing equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned line(s) has appropriate recipes in queue.
- Follows recipe and HACCP steps to ensure correct completion of all recipes to pre-determined standards.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
- Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
- Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations.
- 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Ability through training and appropriate time in the position; to run, adjust, breakdown and reassemble job specific processing equipment.
- Understand implications of “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address future downtime obstructions.
- Update Machine Operator/Filler Operator on efficiencies and any hindrances to the process.
- Offer recommendations and solutions to such matters.
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Be prepared to explain successes and opportunities.
- Responsible for “real time” position specific inventory control.
- Accurate and efficient use of floor level inventory tracking systems.
- Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of line error or inefficiencies.
- “your line, your product”
- Responsible for any and all line “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- “your line, your equipment”
Education and/or Experience
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.