Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Oversee the safe operation, daily monitoring and maintenance of our industrial ammonia refrigeration system. Responsible for repair and maintenance of all areas pertaining to the upkeep and efficient operation of all refrigeration, chiller, cooling and freezing systems. In the event of an absence, position will be filled by adequately trained personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
· Provide 24 hour refrigeration service; including monitoring, troubleshooting and repair of the ammonia system. Including all areas pertaining to the upkeep and efficient operation of all systems (compressors, condensers, fans, pumps, spiral chillers, spiral freezers and all other cooling and freezing systems).
· Manage and work on preventive maintenance programs to help improve performance, reduce refrigerant loss, and control expenses.
· Respond to emergency calls during regular and off working hours.
· Daily communication of all pertinent information regarding system operation and maintenance to department head and maintenance team.
· Monitor system to ensure all systems are functioning correctly
· Monitor leak detection system
· Conduct required inspections and reporting through temperature monitoring and control.
· Evaluate and report equipment condition.
· Service all refrigeration equipment and systems in the facility
· Troubleshoot all associated equipment
· Provide 24 hour service
· Fine tune equipment and controls to optimize energy savings
· Provide documentation for EPA compliance records
· Provide support to the PSM program
· Order repair parts and maintain adequate supply of refrigerant
· Follow up on service contracts for water treatment systems, and condenser cleaning
· Maintain housekeeping and clean up of refrigeration engine rooms on a daily basis
· Assist in managing outside mechanical and refrigeration contractors conducting service, repair and new contract work.
Education and/or Experience
· One year certificate from college or technical school
· Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
· Medical, dental and vision benefits
· 401k with Company match
· Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
· Education Assistance Program
· Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
· Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
· Discretionary Annual Bonus Program