Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Internship Program: Blount’s Internship Program aims to grow students from our community in a way that is mutually beneficial by providing experiential learning opportunities and connecting concepts learned in the classroom to real-world applications in order to contribute to the professional readiness of tomorrow’s workforce. Interns can expect timely feedback, accessible supervisors, bi-weekly meetings with the internship program lead, assistance with career readiness, and networking opportunities.
Collaborate with process and design engineering personnel to improve equipment, processes, products, and packaging quality. Establish and monitor performance metrics through data mining, analysis, and report summation(s) to generate improvement recommendations. Assist with creating and analyzing asset lists and critical spares program under guidance of a senior team member.
Implementing quality control methods, such as statistical process controls (SPC), inspecting and testing processes, products, and equipment. Spend time on the production floor in order to monitor daily operations of a fast-paced USDA, FDA food manufacturing facility. Real time project support for a multi-year expansion project of entire process of a food manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct a thermal efficiency audit and present recommendations for maximizing efficiency
· Work side-by-side with the management staff to discover inefficiencies in business processes and then determine the best ways to bring our business methods in line with our financial goals.
· Evaluate and develop manufacturing processes by studying product, process requirements, applying knowledge of the
· product, process, design, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Assure process efficiencies are being monitored by establishing performance metrics based on equipment, process
· capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing’s current state processes.
· Provide manufacturing decision-making information by data mining, analysis, and summarizing performance metrics trends.
· Gather, analyze, and report business data and inputs in order to identify issues, trends, or solutions.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participation in continual professional development
· Working with Safety dept. on job safety analysis (JSAs).
· Maintaining, analyzing, managing, and improving metrics, aggregating, creating dashboards, and internal reporting.
· Providing technical assistance in identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and developing quality systems and procedures.
· Reporting issues at set frequencies to all appropriate departments to drive continuous improvement and corrective and preventive actions.
· Developing, implementing, and maintaining performance metrics. These performance metrics will include all trending for complaints, product right first time, product holds, yields, raw material supplier performance inspections, internal/ external audit results.
· Improving and defining data editing and standardizing processes.
· Provide follow up monitoring, documenting and feedback of completed initiative controls.
· Act as a liaison between the departments and a variety of business partners.
· Assisting in development and implementation of data capture systems.
· Monitor standards and controls in relation to the manufacturing of high-quality soup and seafood products to include activities in the following areas: receiving, staging, prep, processing, packaging, storage, and shipping
· Carry-out various batch control tests and product sampling to ensure process is in control, i.e. statistical process control, (SPC).
· Ensure a smooth process flow, maximizing volume and efficiency while committing to exacting specs and uncompromised quality. Work with other key departments to ensure proper technique, staffing, training and
· methods are in place and are effectively resulting in consistent and high-quality end products.
· Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
· Interact with vendors or customers on technical or design issues
· Use sample data to create control charts in order to identify process shifts.
Job Requirements – Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Proficiency with MiniTab, Smart Draw, and Simscale a plus
· Lean Six Sigma Certification a plus
· Eagerness and willingness to learn
· Ability to work and problem solve.
· Maintain a positive attitude to continued learning and support of the overall business.