Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This is a first shift position, start time is 4:45am.
Summary: Responsible for the efficient and accurate mixing, blending, cooking of raw ingredients. In event of absence, position will be filled by adequately trained personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary processor of finished food grade products while operating large volume kettles and mixers. Work with an assistant on the processing lines, and/or at periodic times.
- Product quality adherence: solids, verifying ingredients, instrument calibration, magnet inspections, chart recorder accuracy.
- Strictly follows blending recipe and HACCP steps to ensure correct completion of all recipes to pre-determined standards, while attentive of Quality and Food Safety (Allergen Control).
- Ability to learn, operate and adjust multiple in-line pieces of processing equipment including but not limited to processing kettles while working in an organized manor.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, upkeep and follow through on equipment maintenance. Work closely with Maintenance to improve equipment performance. Basic light industrial skills and machine troubleshooting skills
- Perform viscosity and sensory testing on batches produced.
- Work closely with QC and QA on all new and existing processes.
- Communicate effectively within department to ensure most efficient and productive processing possible
Education and/or Experience:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and chart recorders.
- HACCP Certification preferred
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k with Company match; Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays; Education Assistance Program; Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability; Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations.