Location: Warren, RI, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This is a second shift position and begins at 3pm.
SUMMARY This hands-on position reports to the Maintenance Manager; directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, upgrades, maintenance, and installation of machines, special projects, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings and grounds, by performing the following duties personally, or through subordinates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a daily early morning review of work activities/personnel status and PM results to the Maintenance Manager with updates for substantial issues (any event that might affect production, or product quality) throughout the day.
- Reviews manufacturer’s service manuals, Blount Fine Foods equipment usage schedules, and records of maintenance problems to determine the optimum frequency of preventative maintenance.
- Designs and implements SOP’s associated with PM’s, LOTO, and machine operating instructions.
- Regularly checks production schedules and confers with other departments, managers and staff to determine when planned maintenance least interferes with operations.
- Maintain records of planned and completed maintenance and assists in tracking and completing records for environmental and OSHA requirements.
- Reviews work requests to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Must develop a thorough knowledge of the controls and procedures to operate and insure permit regulations for waste water treatment plant.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Order and ensure an optimal level of spare parts and equipment are kept in stock to minimize unscheduled operations downtime, while minimizing cost of inventory.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of equipment and materials.
- Assist in maintenance matters for other BFF locations.
- Coordinates the maintenance program in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Blount Fine Foods.
- Studies maintenance schedules and estimates labor requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Confers with management, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Works to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA and other federal, state and local regulations including Lock-out/Tag-out, confined space and personal protection regulations.
- Arrange yearly boiler inspection & repairs from Hartford Insurance to secure boiler licenses.
- Directly supervises employees in Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Prepare input to the annual budget for submission to the manager for area of responsibility.
- Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
- Researches vendors to ensure quality and costs are maintained within set budget.
- Monitors machine downtime to ensure highest yields are maintained.
- Performs evaluations of maintenance technicians to ensure that all personnel are trained to the highest standards. Recommends training and/or schooling for technical personnel.
- Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Maintains employee time cards and attendance records.
Requirements and Experience:
- University/Technical college degree, or appropriate trade school certification; or a minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising a multidiscipline maintenance team.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of building infrastructure and utility systems.
- Must have strong computer skills along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.