Packout Lead V
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This opportunity is third shift, shift starts at 12am.
The Packout Lead is responsible for leading the Bulk/Retail Pack out department in the efficient and accurate processing of divisional Bulk/Retail Product. This position requires a strong leader with the experience and talent to become the personification of processing efficiency and customer quality. Proficient understanding of overall company objectives required, and a strong mechanical aptitude will serve you well in this position.
- Responsible for guiding, training, and leading their team to ensure the accurate and efficient packaging of Retail products.
- Responsible for the continuous and efficient operation of all departmental processing equipment.
- Verify HACCP and internal GMP guidelines are followed as well as the integrity of all products throughout the Pack out Process.
- Directs multiple staff to handle varying production flows of Retail products within the Pack Out Department.
- Adheres to and supports all Safety related programs and requirements
- Ability to lead, be a teacher, and create a positive work environment.
- Inventory control:
o Accountable for “real time” material usage validation; meeting all specs and established guidelines.
o Continuous communication with Production and Logistics departments, to ensure successful processing.
o Follow pre-established controls to ensure consistent processing and to avoid manufacturing delays, including verification of downstream processing state.
o Ensure that all equipment is operated consistently within proven operating parameters, ensuring optimum production levels, without jeopardizing quality standards.
Ability to own, lead and develop one’s own production line/process.
- 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations.
- 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Ability through training and appropriate time in the position; to run, adjust, breakdown and reassemble job specific processing equipment.
- Understand implications of “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address future downtime obstructions.
- Update Process Coordinator on efficiencies and any hindrances to the process.
- Offer recommendations and solutions to such matters.
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Be prepared to explain successes and opportunities.
- Responsible for “real time” position specific inventory control.
- Accurate and efficient use of floor level inventory tracking systems.
- Responsible for all line products being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, because of line error or inefficiencies.
- “Your line, your product”
- Responsible for all line “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- “Your line, your equipment”
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations