Packout Lead I
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2023
Description Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!This position is 1st shift, start time begins at 6am.
This shift can change start time when not in Peak season.
Responsible for leading the Retail Pack out department in the efficient and accurate processing of divisional Bulk/Retail Product. This position requires a strong leader with the experience and talent to become the personification of processing efficiency and customer quality. Proficient understanding of overall company objectives required, and a strong mechanical aptitude will serve you well in this position. In event of absence, position will be filled by adequately trained personnel
This position is third shift.
- Responsible for guiding, training, and leading their team to ensure the accurate and efficient packaging of Division 3 Bulk/Retail products.
- Responsible for the continuous and efficient operation of all departmental processing equipment.
- Verify HACCP and internal GMP guidelines are followed as well as the integrity of all products throughout the Pack out Process.
- Directs multiple staff to handle varying production flows of Bulk/Retail products within the Pack Out Department.
- Adheres to and supports all Safety related programs and requirements
- Ability to lead, be a teacher, and create a positive work environment.
- Ability to own, lead and develop one’s own production line/process.
- 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations.
- 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Ability through training and appropriate time in the position; to run, adjust, breakdown and reassemble job specific processing equipment.
- Understand implications of “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address future downtime obstructions.
- Update Process Coordinator on efficiencies and any hindrances to the process.
- Offer recommendations and solutions to such matters.
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Be prepared to explain successes and opportunities.
- Responsible for “real time” position specific inventory control.
- Accurate and efficient use of floor level inventory tracking systems.
- Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of line error or inefficiencies.
- “your line, your product”
- Responsible for any and all line “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- “your line, your equipment”
- Direct a total of 13 to 19 employees (pending production flow) in the Retail Pack out department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and efficiency of these staff members and the overall performance of the team. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include assisting in the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations