Director Talent Management
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: The Director of Talent Management serves as an integral member of the Senior HR Leadership team and works with business leaders to develop and define business directives in talent management. This positions play’s a key role in delivering one of HR’s key strategic initiatives of building manager and leader capabilities. This position will oversee the Corporate Training & Development and Culture and Engagement departments. This position is responsible for enhancing business performance through a focus on organization design, team effectiveness, collaboration, as well as oversees talent engagement strategies such as performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, retention and engagement. In event of absence this position will be filled by the VP of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a talent management strategy that meets long-term business needs, leveraging internal and external expertise, research, and industry knowledge.
- Work alongside the business and departments heads to design and implement strategic leadership and development programs that are executed to meet organizational expectations and help fill the pipeline for future leadership talent.
- Ensure that programs and materials developed are instructionally sound and that the concepts and materials are consistent and interconnected by leveraging internal and external resources
- Engages the community as part of strategy development
- Collaboratively implements the strategy by applying progressive change management approaches to ensure the success of Blount’s transformations.
- Build consensus and collaborate with team members to accomplish best solutions for leadership/professional development learning.
- Develops, implements and directs talent programs, policies and procedures to improve employee retention, engagement and participation.
- Responsible for designing talent management processes including succession planning and overseeing the annual talent review process.
- Manages performance management process and working in partnership with the Director of HR regarding the annual salary review.
- Increases exceptional delivery of high-quality feedback and development plans, and meaningful outcomes following succession planning and talent review conversations
- Confers with senior leaders and supervisors to guide and assist them in talent matters.
- Creates talent tools, resources, training and materials, such as onboarding content and performance management communications.
- Informs supervisors of training and career development opportunities, succession planning and internal transfers that are available for their teams.
- Defines operational metrics for employee engagement, workforce management, workforce planning, and performance management.
- Ensures the creation and completion of employee development programs for key talent.
- Monitors external trends which could impact talent.
- Assess the organizations development and training needs via appropriate methods, including analysis of exit interview data and focus groups with management.
- Creates a vision and plan for contemporary and blended learning and development that supports the talent and overall university strategy while leveraging the learning management system (LMS) capabilities
- Continues with the development of career and learning tracks and solutions
- Develops effective supplemental solutions in the areas of executive coaching, 360-degree feedback, mentoring
- Collaborates with the Diversity Equity Inclusion & Justice (DEIJ) advocate to implement initiatives and programs that foster a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Leads the development and implementation of progressive talent practices and processes to deliver exceptional employee experiences that drive employee engagement strategy (eg
- Assesses and builds specific and scalable learning and development solutions and programming in alignment with the talent strategy and specific client needs
- Manage the design and implementation of talent pipeline programs, deepening bench strength, supporting a high performance and learning culture and providing career growth opportunities to strong performers.
- Stay abreast of current trends, techniques, methods and skills appropriate to delivering leadership development initiatives
- Coach and advise management on training and development needs, leadership and facilitate plans to address the changing focus of the workforce.
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Track record of building high performing teams to achieve ambitious results
- Proven experience developing and riving successful talent and organizational effectiveness strategies and ensuring their implementation
- Excellent facilitation and presentations skills with all levels of the organization including the executive level.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal); ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization; ability to communicate effectively and navigate organizational interdependencies and relationships
- Ability to operate at both the strategic and tactical level, balancing best practices and innovation with organizational strategy, readiness, and market conditions
- Experience driving organizational change, project management, and/or executing against goals while managing expectations with multiple stakeholder groups
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program