Human Resources Culture and Engagement Intern
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2023
Blount’s Internship Program aims to grow students from our community in a way that is mutually beneficial by providing experiential learning opportunities and connecting concepts learned in the classroom to real-world applications in order to contribute to the professional readiness of tomorrow’s workforce. Interns can expect timely feedback, accessible supervisors, bi-weekly meetings with the internship program lead, assistance with career readiness, and networking opportunities.
Summary – This internship will play a critical role in our organization by providing exceptional “boots on the ground”, “jack of all trade” and administrative support to the culture and onboarding team. This position will coordinate and support events, and projects each day with the ultimate mission of delivering the best experience for all key stakeholders; our employees and external communities. This position will research items for experience events, coordinate support staff, to ensure optimal staff coverage during events. They will provide orientation support to the onboarding team and preboarding support enhancing the candidate's experience. Occasionally, will be responsible for physically procuring items for events and will need to transport items to Warren and FR locations. On most days, this position will be juggling numerous tasks within different projects. This position requires a high energy, positive, can-do attitude with superb organizational skills.
- Coordinate and execute details for events, touchpoints, and experiences.
- Provide administrative support for orientations. Must feel comfortable with a forward-facing position.
- Support projects for culture/community/onboarding teams.
- Assist with volunteer/community activities and assist with sponsorships/donations.
- Assist with graphic design as necessary for culture/onboarding teams using Canva.
- Support departments across Blount to meet their employee recognition needs
- Sets up employee events, touchpoints, projects, and experiences
- Research necessary items for all culture and community projects across all plants
- Assists with Blount’s sponsorships or various fundraisers, events, etc. internally and externally
- Secures, and delivers employee swag items.
- Coordinate mailing of packages, mail, etc. to proper addresses
- Support credit card reconciliation and properly coding purchases
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, SharePoint
- Actively engage with employees and lead as a source of hospitality
- Responsible for covering front desk as necessary and finding coverage
- Track and organize important dates/information/deadlines
- Travel as necessary to Warren location for culture projects
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to our expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Attention to detail with strong organization and planning skills
- You are resourceful, a self- starter, able to follow specific directions and work with some ambiguity.
- Flexibility – shifts may include weekend or evening hours.
- Persistence – able to come up with solutions on the spot during events
- High Energy & Integrity – you are representing the Blount Experience Brand. You will be required to operate in the best interest of our employees and our company both internally and externally.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree (B.A.) candidate from College or University or related experience; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Microsoft Office Experience