Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: Plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in an industrial plant. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards. Analyzes work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Plant Manager and other department heads in the planning, coordination, control and analysis of overall manufacturing processes.
- Provide current state data and proposals for continuous improvement.
- Provide ongoing data of all selected production processes.
- Key responsibilities include lead process improvement initiatives that would include: process experimentation, process design, process optimization, process control, and process definition and documentation to reduce waste to achieve continuous improvement and ultimately lead to quantum leap cost reductions.
- Will lead manufacturing initiatives to improve safety, reduce cycle times, improve productivity, create and find capacity, improve process reliability, and improve customer satisfaction with respect to on time delivery, yields, and quality. Will champion sustainability of continuous improvement.
- Establish, tracking, and modification of all process standards and costs.
- Work closely with Supervisor and lead position to ensure its success as well as overall success of Production team.
- Continuous analysis of plant staffing, resources and capital requirements to meet or exceed Production standards and goals.
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze detailed layouts of processes and related equipment.
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
- Evaluate and solve production problems.
- Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production arena.
- Support prototyping activities of new product development.
- Provide tactical support and process improvement techniques (Lean/Six Sigma) for manufacturing processes to resolve quality/operational issues to ensure superior customer satisfaction in product quality and delivery
- Initiate cost reduction projects to reduce operating costs
- Institute process controls to ensure robustness of processes
- Environmental and Safety improvements.
- Plant process troubleshooting.
- Plant optimization including yield, capacity, quality and cost reduction projects
- Process support on major capital projects.
Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple products through manufacturing process.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain safe work environment.
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years related experience required, or equivalent combination school/work experience.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Operations, Business Management, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and Food Science preferred
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma, TPM and/or 5S is a plus
- Significant experience in Enterprise-wide Lean manufacturing implementation with demonstrated positive impact to the organization
- Specific and demonstrated experience implementing Operational Equipment Efficiency (OEE) throughout a large organization
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.