QA Tech II
Location: Warren, RI, United States
Date Posted: Jun 22, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This position is first shift.
Summary: Assists FSQ Management in the maintenance of overall product quality and safety. Assists in the effective completion of tasks and documentation of FSQ responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives leadership and daily direction from shift FSQ Sr.Technician & Supervisor.
- Notifies Tech Level 2 or higher when non-conformances are noted and assuring proper documentation noted
- Perform required finished product testing and the effective completion of documentation and data entry for all FSQ activities.
- Conduct Food Safety Inspections in the production environment (i.e. inter-batch cleaning)
- Conduct QPE and Packout quality auditing to ensure all batching and packaging specifications are maintained.
- GMP and SSOP daily inspections
- Conducting Weekly and Monthly tasks
- Perform second day testing, raw material inspections with data entry
- Organize finished product retains
- Informs the team of raw material issues
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments as required
- Inspect finished product for food safety hazards including foreign material.
- Other duties with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Food handling experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Paperwork verification experience preferred
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations