Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 18, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
This is a second shift position
Summary: Accountable for achieving established corporate departmental goals; including division profitability, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment performance and downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals.
- Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC(Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operation.
- Analysis, development and reporting to department OEE’s (Overall Equipment Effectiveness); KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators); and EFF’s (Equipment Efficiency).
- Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Be a teacher and Mentor
- Continuous development and evaluation of your team
- Utilize Learning & Development for all internal and external resources available
- Understand you reflect your staff
- Department ambassador for all Production related matters.
- Communicate effectively within the department by:
- Working closely with Vice President of Operations to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives.
- Holding as needed staff and individual meetings and development opportunities with mindset of “continuous growth”.
- Performing staff reviews as assigned or as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-4-year degree and 3-5 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required. This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations