Senior Human Resources Generalist
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 3, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary The primary role of this position is to work with personnel at all levels, providing qualified candidates, a work environment, culture and atmosphere conducive to team through a variety of methods. Responsibilities include planning and carrying out all phases of human resources management by performing the following duties personally or in conjunction peer managers. This role could require responsibility of leading and developing team of up to 10.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure team is routinely and accurately updating employee information utilizing HRIS system, as well as personnel files.
- Partner to Talent Acquisition functions. Including Hiring-interviews, assists in the selection of employees to fill vacant positions, and drug screening.
- Focus on risk-mitigation efforts related to employee relations matters.
- Manages all aspects of Human Capital Management for Operations. Evaluates employee relations and work-related problems, meeting with supervisors and managers to determine effective remediation techniques.
- Coordinates management of Personnel Record keeping including record of insurance coverage (health, disability and life), profit sharing plan, 401K plan, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Oversee the processing of unemployment workflow; identify ‘red-flag’ claims.
- Evaluates human relations withing Operations teams and workflow related opportunities and works closely with Partner Human Resource Manager, meeting with supervisors and managers to determine effective remediation techniques, such as job skill training or personal intervention, to resolve human relations issues among personnel.
- Manages Workers Compensation Reporting, Coordinates Light Duty/Return to work program with Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
- Participate in employee benefit events, council employees as needed to select proper benefit programs, 401K issues, and health checks.
- Modifies, executes and enforces company policies, handbook, Dress codes, Employee of Quarter, Vacation, etc.
- Support all external audit functions (Costco, SQF, etc)
- Work in conjunction with Talent & Development team to create and manage Performance Improvement Plans/Individualized Development Plans, as requested by management.
- Attend and participate in associated staff meetings.
- Coordinate with temporary employment agencies as needed.
- Remain current with general labor standards, best practices, and laws.
- Collect and analyze data relevant to internal KPI’s (turnover, retentions). Identify trends and opportunities
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or above certification
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program