People Operations Support
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 9, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: The People Operations Support person brings outstanding service to Blount’s employees and temporary staff, acting as an employee advocate and resource center. This individual will provide services and connect employees to support departments as needed. Work with individuals and groups to support business need and employee satisfaction.
Must possess bilingual Spanish skills
Shift details: Second shift, 2pm-10pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service focus to all production employees; empower employees through education and hands on support; Deliver outstanding employee experience
- Review hourly team members adherence to work schedule. This will include spending time on the production floor in each department, interacting with supervisors, and providing feedback on employee’s attendance.
- Effectively track staffing levels in operation departments. Partner with operations leadership and the TA team to assist in sustaining adequate staffing levels.
- Review department timecards for accuracy.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and support departments (ie. HR, Safety, etc.)
- Participate, assist, and support all Employee Engagement initiatives (survey support, open enrollment, all employee meetings, etc.)
- Work with operations team to ensure timeliness with employee's requests (Ubers, badge access, UKG, market support, employee lockers assignment/management, and service requests, etc)
- Build rapport and support Operation employees with resources; connect to various branches of the organization for career development, employee relation concerns, safety requests, and other areas impacting job satisfaction
- Partners with Supervisors, Onboarding, and Training & Development, regarding the new hire process.
- Communicates opportunities or trends to key stakeholders
- Sick line support – triage to appropriate personnel
- Commits to regular scheduled meeting with OPS team (PULSE, huddles, Roundtables, etc.)
- Acts as a confidential liaison between safety & HR with ad hoc paperwork requests
- Knowledgeable of all Operations areas of the business; hands on ability to demonstrate the job and articulate the duties necessary for areas throughout Operations; ability to cover/fill positions based on company need
- Communicate effectively via email, Microsoft teams, and in person to operations employees, leadership, and various departments throughout the company
- Communicates daily with Production Managers to assure program effectiveness
- Works with employees to schedule appointments and obtain necessary information from support departments.
- Document all employee interactions in accordance with standard processes
- Assist in coordinating meals during peak season
- During Peak Season Months weekend support is required.
- Able to understand day to day operations with minimal oversight
- Provides OPS management weekly updates
- Assists with avanti market theft reports & service requests
- Works closely with the Supplies & Services Department to ensure proper PPE and other VMI supplies are continuously replenished
- Inspect plant and office premises including cafeteria during the shift as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Six-Twelve months customer service-related experience and/or training
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required
- Ability to be an empathetic, non-judgmental, confidential resource
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven skills to build and manage relationships, collaborate, influence, and negotiate across all levels within an organization.