Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
Summary: Responsible for all areas relating to A/P Management. The accounts payable supervisor is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to all transactions that support vendor payment (ex. PO, receiver and invoice – 3 way match) This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and validate all invoices entered by AP staff daily. Ensure the accompanying documentation is complete, accurate and approved.
- Assist staff in discrepancy resolution on any documentation presented to the department for payment.
- Review the tracking and maintenance of sales tax assessment
- Monitor new vendor documentation which must include a signed agreement, W-9, Certificate of Insurance and completed application to set up supplier in ERP system.
- Review weekly payment proposals based on management cash authority.
- Assure maintenance of AP files – open and paid.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Monitor and analyze department workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and various software systems.
- Document and test relevant internal controls.
- Liaison between accounting and other departments to ensure timely, accurate processing of transactions and achieve corporate goals.
- Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Month-end processes including AP Accrual and RNI and RNC reconciliation
- Assist with year-end audit as needed
- Year-end 1099 filing and reporting
- Directly supervises four employees in the Accounts Payable.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Experience & Qualifications
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- Two years related Accounting supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.