Location: Fall River, MA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!
THIS POSITION IS SECOND SHIFT
Summary This position will be responsible for programming automation and control systems involving PLC’s (programmable logic controllers). Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for programming, simulation, and testing.
- Create, troubleshoot, and maintain PLC programming for all manufacturing equipment.
- Perform routine inspections on manufacturing machines.
- Maintain equipment as required by the preventive Maintenance Program.
- Assists maintenance in identifying and scoping control systems related projects.
- Monitor line parameters and machine faults during the day to proactively maintain equipment.
- Manage Software Factory Talk Metrics / Historian in order to provide production reports.
- Maintains an up-to-date and complete set of as-built electrical and controls documentation.
- Perform database administration on Factory Talk databases in order to keep the metrics software functioning.
- Assists in training and development of machine operators and maintenance technicians for equipment and process controls operation.
- Assists on plant capital projects as needed.
- Design and manage production fiber optic network.
- Contributes to plant wide initiatives as assigned.
- Monitor system to ensure all systems are functioning correctly
- Technical skills in maintenance work systems, preventive / predictive maintenance.
- Conduct required inspections and reporting.
- Evaluate and report equipment condition.
- Troubleshoot all associated equipment
- Provide 24 hour service
- Fine tune equipment and controls to optimize energy savings
- Provide documentation for compliance records
- Order repair parts and maintain adequate supply of components needed.
- Maintain housekeeping and clean up of associated wiring and components.
- Assist in managing outside contractors conducting service, repair and new contract work.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position with advanced technical skills in the mechanical/electrical fields in a manufacturing environment.
- A BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering is desired.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program.