Quality Control Technician
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
Summary: Ensure the absence of foreign material in raw material while enforcing quality standards that are accurate, efficient and safe for processing raw goods.
Shift: 2nd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper raw material handling and cutting procedures are followed for Batch Kitting.
- Works closely with the Prep Lead Inspector and fellow team members.
- Enter all foreign material findings into the Foreign Material Database.
- Assist in the root cause investigations for each foreign material incident generated from the Vendor or Non Vendor raw material.
- Working efficiently and in an organized and clean manner, enforcing “clean as you go”.
- Ensure SQF procedures and GMP’s are being accurately followed by prep personnel while handling raw material.
- Ensure proper tool handling etiquette is being following at all times.
Monitor condition of barrels and tools within area (knives, scoops, etc.), presence of foreign material
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program