T&D Position Instructor 3
Location: McKinney, TX, United States
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2023
Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career!2nd Shift
Learning & Development Position Instructors are responsible for the implementation of initial and ongoing development of new and current staff; maximizing efficiency & accuracy, while ensuring 100% understanding of positional and corporate requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities w/ similar skill and work conditions as assigned.
- Key point of contact for inner-departmental new hires and new hire training.
- Responsible for enforcing departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
- Is committed to trainings and practices resulting in a measurable positive impact to department efficiencies and profitability.
- Works closely with assigned Operations department; enforcing Learning & Development policies, procedures and programs in order to achieve or exceed department and corporate goals.
- Provides ongoing feedback to Learning & Development and department Supervisors regarding progress of new staff.
- Establishes and retains a Coach/Mentor mentality with new hires, exhibiting an ongoing positive attitude.
- Is committed to the success of the new hires and to the success of the department overall.
- Works in unison with counter associates, to achieve department and corporate goals.
- Departmental point of contact and liaison between new hires, Learning & Development and Supervisors.
- Is vested in the success of the Blount training program, offering ongoing feedback and program recommendation to optimize effectiveness.
- Works closely with Learning & Development Coordinator to achieve or exceed department and corporate goals.
- Ability through training and appropriate time in the position; to run, adjust, breakdown and reassemble job specific processing equipment. Ability to effectively train others on these skills.
- Be subject matter expert in regards to operating processing equipment in addition to processing tasks and utilize this knowledge to effectively train employees.
- Understand implications of “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address future downtime obstructions.
Offer recommendations and solutions to such matters
Education and/or Experience
- 2-3 years of Lead, Assistant Supervisor or Leadership experience.
- 2-3 years of Technician Experience on machines used within or outside of Manufacturing, with a proven record of how to ensure equipment reaches and maintains optimum output.
- 1-2 years of “training/teaching” experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to cold working conditions, and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program